To celebrate the holiday season, here are our five favorite Christmas films:
- Die Hard: A badass Bruce Willis takes on some bad guys to stop their evil plot, save his ex-wife and her coworkers, and generally help humanity. Great fun.
- A Christmas Story: All he’s ever wanted for Christmas is a Red Ryder BB Gun… but this year, Ralphie must endure a terrifying mall Santa, his annoying little brother, and more, as he dreams of presents on Christmas morning.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon): A cute but always entertaining family film adapted from the Dr. Seuss story, wherein a mean monster decides to steal Christmas from his neighbors – only to get a lesson in the true meaning of the holiday.
- Scrooge (1970): Albert Finney and Alec Guiness (Obi-Wan Kenobi) star in this heartwarming musical adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic tale of the miser who’s visited by spirits who teach him to change his ways or risk a fate worse than death.
- Love Actually: A surprisingly polarizing film about the power of love around the holidays, this film follows numerous storylines as people around the world find – and lose – and regain love during the holiday season.
What are your favorite Christmas films?